Wednesday, July 29, 2009

8 month old Shi Tzu wake up sick a few times a week.?

Yes I have taken her to the vet multiple times, they have run tests and everything is normal. Lola was vomiting bile a few times a week in the morning when she woke up. The vet put her on a different food for sensitive tummy's. Things got a little better but sometimes she still wakes up with no appitite and will eventually vomit bile. We try our best to give her food before bedtime. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. Any other ideas of what I can try? It's like she goes to bed normal but wakes up sick?
Could it be a food alergy?
Answers:
Your little Lola's stomach is empty, maybe feed her a biscuit right before bed, or actually anything she likes, and first thing when she wakes up, also try buying some Nutri-cal give her a teaspoon first thing in the morning, my maltipoo was doing that until I got another, now he eats better only because he doesn't want the new pup to eat his food. nutra-cal is a dietary supplement for fussy eaters , I don't know if you give Lola table food, but it sure sounds like she is holding out for something better than dog food, only reason I say this cause of the mistakes I made with my first dog, he's 1 now and I've cut way back on tablefood, hardly any.which was chicken, steak , hamburg, but i'm sure it was alot tastier than dog food.
she needs more water
add water to her food
I have an 11 month old shih tzu that was throwing up bile last weekend. We took her to the vet where they injected her with fluids. We were told to withhold food and water until the next day. Then we started her on Science Diet i/d and Famotodine for four days. After two days, she was back to normal. My dog usually eats hard food once or twice a day, depending on her appetite. She'll eat when she's hungry and drink when she's thirsty. Your dog may have the same upset stomach. Ask her vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment