Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Poem I Got When My Dog Died....?

Hey there,
I got this poem from my gran when my Dog died...
A Loss Of A Companion..
If it should be that i grow weak,
and pain should keep me from my sleep
then you must do what must be done
for this last battle can't be won.
You will be sad i understand,
don't let your grief then stay your hand
for this day more than all the rest,
your love for me must stand the test.
we've had so may happy years,
what is to come can hold no fears,
you'd not want me to suffer so,
the time has come please let me go.
Take me to where my needs they'll tend
and please stay with me till the end
hold me firm and speak to me,
until my eyes no longer see.
Please do not grieve it must be you,
who has this painful thing to do,
wev'e been so close, we two these years,
don't let your heart hold back the tears.
i just wanted to share that poem with you!
Answers:
Thank you so much for taking the time to type it up and share it with everyone on here. It is a truly beautiful and touching poem (I cried!). I am printing it out to bring into work with me. So many of our clients are so blind when it comes to seeing that their dog does not have a quality of life anymore, almost as if they are in denial. I am thinking of one of our clients in particular who has canceled and rescheduled the euthanasia for their dog for the last 6 weeks. The poor old boy is suffering and has that look in his eyes like "please, let me go." It breaks my heart. I am going to share the poem with her. Thanks again.
Very beautiful %26 touching. Thanks for sharing!
You are not asking a question.
its good that you shared your feelings with us!
i wish you the very best!
That's a really nice one! I think if you don't mind, I will make a copy of it to give to someone who needs it.
Thank you for sharing!
Beautiful----You have a very sensitive Grandmother. I have heard it before, and many other lovely poems--some referring to rainbow bridge.Thank you for sharing. I am very sorry that you lost your friend..
thats a really great poem
Great poem!! thanks for sharing! I have an older pet and will keep this poem to remind me of this when that time comes

No comments:

Post a Comment