Thursday, July 30, 2009

A good dog walking price?

I'm 12. I'm thinking about starting a dog walking business. I'm stuck on the price. I've been hearing $15 but that's a crime. If you were going to hire someone to walk your dog, what would be a reasonable price? Don't say free and don't say you wouldn't hire a 12 year old to walk your dog.
Answers:
I would absolutely hire a 12 year old to walk my dog if i was sure they were responsible. In Los Angeles, the average price is $15-$25. However, that's the price paid to professional dog walkers, who are also bonded and insured, etc. If you check with the local dog walking services in your area, then undercut them, you should be able to get some business. Remember, that price is really only for 1/2 hour, so you could charge depending on how much time you spend with the dog. If someone just needs you to let the dog out for 5 min, charge less, etc. Good Luck!
Depends on the dogs and things. I dog walk/sit. For walks I charge 10 dollars for the first dog and 5 dollars for each additional dog. Longer walks= more money.
If u have anyother questions let me know.
Good luck!
No, I would hire a 12 year old to walk my dog! I would say, maybe $3 for a 10 minute walk, $7 for a 20 minute walk, and then $10 for a 30 minute walk! I have a golden retriever, and a lhasa opso, so, that's how much I would pay you to walk one at a time! Also, I would give you probably a tip here and there! Just as a tip, If you were to walk my dogs, I would really like it that if you kept them hydrated, so, bringing a water dish (or those inflateable dishes!), and then a water bottle would work out great! Also, doggie bags would be a wise move! I hope that this helps! Thanks, and good luck,
~ Future Vet
OK. This is a flyer that I made up. It includes 10 and 20 minuet walks, and the "poop and pee" walk.
"Dog Walking Buisness!"
And for low prices!!
'Small breeds, 20 lbs. or smaller'
10 minute walk- $2-3
20 minute walk- $2-4
poop and pee walk- $3
'Medium breeds, 20-45 lbs.'
10 minute walk- $3-4
20 minute walk- $4-5
poop 'n pee walk- $4
'Large breeds, 45-80 lbs.'
10 minute walk- $4-5
20 minute walk- $6
poop 'n pee walk- $4
'X-Large breeds, 80 lbs. and up'
10 minute walk- $3-4
20 minute walk- $4-6
poop 'n pee walk- $4-5
And, make the prices higher for bigger dogs, cuse bigger and more STUFF. :):):)
(Remember 2 make the prices low, 'cuse no one will ask u. And these R just suggestions, so i wish u Gooood Luck!)
Good Luck, and when you ask costomers, ACT CONFIDENT.
PS. To make a little extra money, you can offer to brush the dogs coat after the walk to make it extra shiny. A mere extra 2-3 bucks!
Good Luck again, and Hope I helped!
=]
For dog walking, you should charge no more or no less than you would for babysitting. For many young teens this is usually $5 an hour or less. Another thing you should consider is liability. I work at an animal shelter and we will not take on volunteers younger than 15 because we had too many problems with the under 15 losing dogs. Therefore, you should probably stick to smaller dogs. The elderly may be good candidates for your business because they have more trouble getting around and they usually have smaller sized dogs. However, remember that even the tiniest dogs can be sneaky little rockets. You should ensure you have a tight grip, good quality leash, and the collar or harness is secure. Until you get bigger and gain more experience you should not walk more than one dog at a time. Before walking the dog you should talk to the owner about habits. What does the dog love and hate? Due to the increasing number of dog bites, and the fact you are 12, many people may be skeptical of letting you walk their dogs.
Start with people and dogs you know. Read up on proper leash walking techniques and bite prevention. Being as knowledgable as possible about what you're doing is good for your business.
Suggest you look at websites advertising dog walking and other servces. www.allpetservices.co.uk
will give you a guide to UK charges that tend to range from 拢7 ($14) to 拢20 ($40) per hour. Obviously rates are at the upper end in more affluent city areas

No comments:

Post a Comment