Thursday, July 30, 2009

A really gross story about my new puppy and worms.I need help.?

the other night i was in my room with my puppy she has worms and i cant get them out.i was in my room in my bed at night.my dog has big eyeballs so she has eyebuggers big time.i was in there and i rubed my belly and i found something wet and slimy on me i looked in the dark and i saw it moving.i have been obsessed with my room sense.has anyone had a gross problem like that and do you know something that could get worms out of my room and to where my dog can sleep in my room again??pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez help me!!
Answers:
Calm down. It's not unusual for puppies to have worms (they get them from their mom when they're developing in her uterus).
To combat this problem, take your pup and a sample of her poop (in a Ziploc bag) to the vet. The vet will do a "fecal float" test on the poop to find out what kinds of worms your pup has, and will then give your pup some medication which will kill the worms. You may have to "worm" the puppy several times to kill all the worms.
First de- worm your dog then go to your doctor and get worm medicine for yourself. (you can't take dog medicine) bleach cleaner will disinfect your room and bedding also. Once she has gotten rid of all her worms have placed on worm medicine monthly or twice a year. Then decide if you want her crated or in a bed.
WE had that problem with our Boston Terrior she had worms we brought her to the vet and got medicine but it didn't last long and she had them again. WE ended up going to a pet store, petco, and got a dewormer it was about $25 for about 5 pills we gave her 2 and she hasn't had any sense then.
1st off ..go to vet n get a good dewormer..take sample of worm if u have 1..this pup is from a bad breeder..good breeders de-worm...2nd off not much chance of these worms surviving once out..they rely on dog but the over the counter junk will not solve ur worms..i pay 10.00 for a pill in canada..is worth it..do once a yr at least n go be4 ur pup gets sick
You will have to get some medicine from the Vet for the worms. All puppies need to be dewormed. The Vet may want a stool sample to see what kind of worms they are. Just wash your bedding and vacuum the floor.keep the puppy in one place untill it is dewormed.She must have them really bad as they're coming out. Wash your hands every time you handle her untill they're gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment