Friday, July 31, 2009

After bug bombing my house, what should I do?

I am working diligently today to prepare my house for bombing tomorrow. I suddenly have a flea problem after having a flea-free indoor dog for 10 years, thanks to stray cats that roam my yard. I am treating my yard today, but will be bombing my 2000 sf house tomorrow. I would prefer not to open my kitchen cabinets (not a place fleas would likely live, right), but I want to open dresser drawers and closets, as well as lifting up sofa and chair cushions, right? If I do this, am I going to have to wash all of our clothes in the closets and drawers? Who would have time for that? Please advise. I know I will need to vacuum afterward and mop and wipe down surfaces, but it's the thought of having to wash and put away clean clothes.
Answers:
Make sure that it is safe for you and your dog to go back in the house and keep the dog safe. The label should say how long to keep people and pets out of the house. I would say if you get big bomb stuff on your clothes it would be safest to wash them all. The label might say something about it. As long as the clothes don't smell bad I wouldn't worry about washing them if you don't have time.
Lick all the counters?
I had this same problem. But I didn't open any drawers or closets, and I got rid of the fleas! So I don't see any need do all that, unless your dog was in the closets or drawers! Hope this helps!
only if the smell is too strong for you to take.maybe wash a few items as you need them and a few more with each load after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment