Friday, July 31, 2009

About dogs?

is it like possible to be able to talk with ur dog and him understanding? or like speak in like ""dog language"" ? plz help.
Answers:
My dogs understand english. Over 100 word vocabularies each. If you talk to your dog it will learn to understand. However, they are relating the sounds to a circumstance. They don't actually understand the words like we do. Taken out of context and applied to other situations.
They don't speak, BTW, for those wise A$$es who wanna say, 100 word vocabularies? LOL
uh nope, but i think there is dog listeniers.i think thats weird, no offense.
http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/ebooks/...
dogs can learn to associate words with things. Like my dog knows when I say ride he is going to go inthe car, or potty means for him to do his business. I donot think that you can come home and tell the dog how your daywent and him actually know what happened, but he might know if you are in a gopod or bad mood by the tone of your voice.
There is no possible way, but i did hear of a dog translater collor
There are some people who think they can speak dog and some who think they can understand us. But in my opinion they can undertstand us in a way. Like if you easly push down on there butt and say sit, they may get used to the way your mouth moves and they do what you showed them to do while moving your mouth in the certain way. But again there are many, many different opinions about that subject!
You can teach your dog what to do when you say a certain word but thats about it
Of course speak away, i do believe that dogs associate certain words and tones with activities or food, like my dog, i say, " you wana go for a walk?" and the word, walk, sets her off, of "where is?" she runs to the window to see whos coming in, or Din Dins = dinner, she goes to her bowl, so they do understand certain things, but i talk to her all of the time and whether she understands or not, doesnt matter, she's my buddy.
Dogs have the ability to learn approximately 60 words (give or take, I can't remember the exact number). So they can learn sit, speak, etc.they may even "know" phrases like "I love you" and "Give me kisses." Now whether or not they can truly UNDERSTAND you, I don't know. There are times I think that my dog Zeus understands every word I'm saying. But in a "scientific" aspect, no, they can only associate certain words with things ("kisses" mean lick your face, etc.). But on a personal level...I think they can understand some things, if not all.

No comments:

Post a Comment