Monday, May 24, 2010

Anybody else ever experienced this?

I had locked my keys into my truck this morning and neede to get into my truck so i could go to work, i didnt want to call a tow truck company because it can be very costly when you do that, and i knew the police department in the area i lived will send a patrollman out to get into vehicle as soon as they are able to do so, so i called the police non emergency number for the oakland county sheriffs office for assistance, well i did not like how the dispacther was rude with me about how i called the wrong department i didnt know what the non emergancy number for the local department was so thats why i called the county sheriffs office well when the lady told me that i needed to contact the local police i asked her if she could possibly call them for me or give me their number, and she stated in a very rude and obnoxious tone, im not going to call them for that, all she had to say was, i can give you the number, i just wondered if any one else ever experienced a rude dispatcher.
Answers:
I had that happen once and had a really rude dispatcher too. I had locked my keys in my car at Super Walmart. There I was sitting on the swing sets outside the store with a cart full of groceries calling the police department.
In my home town, the cops were ok doing it, you just had to sign a release that they weren't responsible for damage inside the car door. Apparently in the city I was in (going to college), it wasn't their job. The dispatcher said they did not provide that service. I asked who did. She said an unlocking company. I asked if she could give me the names/numbers of a few. She rudely explained she couldn't, it was privatization of the government by making a referral! I was then in tears and just said thank you, goodbye, and I hung up.
The phonebook was torn out of the kiosk in Walmart so I couldn't find a unlocking service phone number. When I finally got a hold of one of my friends, she gave me a number and it was going to cost like $45 so I told my friend to come pick me up and we actually broke in my apartment to get my spare key. It's pretty scary knowing you can break into your own apartment.
Of course! Just because she was a dispatcher doesn't mean that she is going to be nice. She probably felt that you were wasting the Police Department's time because them unlocking your doors is really not their job, but then again either is eating donuts. There are a lot of rude people these days, don't let it bother you.

No comments:

Post a Comment