Friday, May 21, 2010

Answer this?

I sat on a dog when I was little about like in grade 1 or 2. But, as I grew up I felt really guilty about that! I feel like I did a crime, feel bad. Is this a mean thing?I WAS SUCH A BULLY TO THE DOG BACK IN MY CHILDHOOD! But after growing up I really do respect/ feel for animals and all living things ( but how come I was like that back then), IT BUGS ME SO MUCH THAT I DID SUCH THINGS BACK THEN!
Answers:
Kids do stupid, cruel things. Fortunately, most of us grow up.
We all have regrets, and wish we had not done something bad when we were younger. Stop beating yourself up about it, it isn't going to change. Why don't you try to make up for your bad behavior to that dog by volunteering at an animal shelter or donating to rescue sites. It really will make you feel better.
Well you were only like, what 5? You really didn't know any better. Kids do some pretty mean and strange things. I wouldn't let it get to you too much.
At least you know better not to be doing it now!!
dont look back in the past.i have a passion for dogs too.my friend had a huge bull masstiff and when we were like 4 or 5 both of us sat on him.we damaged his hind legs but its not like we meant to.we were little and so were u.think of this a s a new start and dont feel bad.u cant go back in the past and fix it but just asked to be forgiven and your consience will be cleared
I know how you feel. I did some mean things to my dog when I was young. For example, when I was playing with her, she bit me by accident, but I still shouted at her and locked her in the kitchen as punishment, but I then forgot she was in there and left her in there for hours. When my mum let her out she came up to me cowering, trying to say sorry for something she didnt even do.
I feel so terrible about this and I will never forgive myself, especially now that I dont have her anymore. Ive cried over this!
You just have to live with it and make sure you treat animals well in future.
We were all a little stupid back then. Years ago people let their dogs have litter after litter. I remember my mom and dad having a very different attitude 40 years ago. Back then when you lived out in the country, an animal either got well and lived, or died. One didn't spend a lot of money at the vet. There weren't many immunizations done (even though I know they were available) and as a consequence a lot of dogs and cats passed away from distemper that was preventable. It was really stupid. Hopefully people are becoming better educated nowadays, but I doubt it. Have you seen some of the moronic statements on petqna.com lately?! Statements such as, "My dog is foaming at the mouth and having seizures. Should I take him to the vet?"
So just be thankful you know the difference NOW!
Breath in, breathe out, move on!
Well because sometimes when ur a child u don't know what's right %26 whats wrong.U didn't know what u where doing so now that u think about it u feal sorry for the dog.U have guilt on ur back.We all did bad things when we where small %26 now that we look back u acually think about what happened.
kids do foolish mean things. The really cool part? On some level most dogs understand that kids are "puppies" and don't hold a grudge about this behavior. Have you ever seen how a puppy will chew on an adult dog's ears and tail? And you know how the adult dog just walks away? Same sort of thing.
I wouldn't feel too bad about it. My toddler is always trying to sit on the dog. It seems to be a common thing for kids to want to do. Kids don't know any better...you'll understand when you have your own kids.
Maybe try to atone for it by volunteering at a shelter to help other dogs. Even if it doesn't make you feel much better about sitting on your childhood dog, it will make you feel good for helping other animals and the community.
Dogs are very forgiving. I'm sure your dog forgot all about it.
The feeling of guilt is a horrible feeling, huh?
At least you have learned the difference now %26 are making up for what you did. I have many quilt feelings on some of my behavior around some dogs, lack of attention, euthanized too soon, I beat one when she killed my cat (so ashamed), seeing an empty water bowl, or food dish ... many quilts but you can't let them haunt you or you'll go crazy. You learned your lesson so it's time to let go %26 move on.
Well if it was a family pet that you sat on maybe you were jealous of the attention that it got from your parents. You were really young when you did what you did and I would try to let it go. It sounds like you have really grown up and matured since then so I would try not to feel bad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment