Monday, May 24, 2010

Any INDESTRUCTABLE toys out there for a Staffy?

Apart from a Boomer Ball, which is still intact after 18 months, my Staffy, Holly, has demolished , by chewing up:
3 rubber rings
2 rubber pulls,
2 raggies
1 Staffy proof feed ball
1 large kong
1 small size Boomer ball (we now have football size as she cannot get her jaws round it)
1 heavy duty squeaker
We try to remember to take them off her when we have finished playing but something happens or we forget.
She also has hide chews and loves soft toys but you expect them to get chewed up anyway.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.
Answers:
I have an amstaff and would have to say ...no. my guy destroys any toy he can get his mouth around.in seconds. the really tough ones takes a few seconds longer but he is up for the challenge.
You said that you tried a Kong already, but have you tried a mega Kong? I think that it is called mega, the regular ones are red while the one I'm talking about is black. I have a Pitt bull, she is 3 years old, she's had the Kong her entire life, and has yet to even put a slice in it. We allow her to keep it with her at all times. I might add that she is VERY energetic, and it is the only toy that she will even play with aside from her rope bones, which she goes through about two a month and she isn't allowed to play with them unless we are with her.
No there really isn't. A determined dog can destroy pretty much anything.There is a new toy called Tuffies that has been written up in magazines as great, but I have sold a few in my store and they have all come back for a full refund...
what about an old tractor tyre? that should keep her busy in the garden
I am going to tell you something, and it is no joke. Several years a go I had a 200 pound Fila that LOVED to destroy toys. I had gotten him the biggest King I could find and he killed it in a day. I called King and told them of my dilemma and they suggested I should become a tester for the toys they invent. Long story short, they were never able to sent me anything that my dog could not destroy in a matter of a day or two. They suggested I get him a truck tire as a toy. I did too, it lasted a lot longer then anything else.
Sorry they like to destroy toys It's in their nature
a polo ball will do the trick.that is a ball used to play polo on horseback.
We bought the black kong because it is stronger, but not indestructible ( better than the red ones though). We also have a tire we got him off a go kart or something like that.
cheap and easy! you dont need to spend loads of money on toys for dogs..
plastic bottle filled with water and frozen.great to chew on!
you can cut of half a jeans leg and soak in water and freeze as well..also fantastic for keeping dogs cool in the summer..and for teething pups!
NOPE!! lol
I have a staffyto and hes had many toys...
squeaky toys are gone withing seconds
Foot balls are popped
Tug a wars are pulled in peices (the rope ones)
Tennis balls.in peices
Weve even tried those indestructa balls
Theyre meant to be indestructable
but some how he managed to destroy it!!
So now we just face the fact hes destorys all his toys...but my other dogs prefers unsqueaky toys so hes takes the squeak out for her.how kind!! lol
But one thing my staffy does like is bubbles and water pistols!!
Great for the hot weather!!
You might like to try the Everlasting Treat Ball, which is virtually indestructable! My friend used it with her Staffie and it worked wonders. I also use it with my dog who has destroyed every toy I've ever given him BUT that one! Amazon.com carries them and I highly recommend them! Good luck!
Sqwuggies Squeak 鈥榥 Tug Toy: Made from the recycled fire hoses, Sqwuggies are toys that dogs can tug on, squeak and the toys do float. What impressed me most is that the squeak is not annoying to human ears, but a higher frequency that a dog鈥檚 excellent hearing can pick up.
http://www.doggoneclean.com/index.asp?pa...
this website offers a replacement if your dog can chew it up.
YOU CAN BUY INDESTRUCLABLE BALLS FROM PEY AT HOME BOUGHT IT FOR MY DOG AND IT S STILL IN 1 PEACE
ok go to PETS AT HOME you want to get the black (king) kong its stronger than the others.
and they also do black tyres which are really strong like car tyres but smaller
i hope this helps ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment