Sunday, August 2, 2009

Am I ready to get a dog of my own?

I live at home with my parents and we have two dogs, a collie-lab cross (dog) and doberman-staffie cross (*****). Both came from a local animal shelter and I love them like you wouldn't believe.
I turned 18 on the 1st August and got access to some compensation money from when I was in an accident as a youth, to the tune of about 拢3000, although I owe about 拢1000 to various places. I was hoping to use some of them rest of the money to get a dog (although it is more likely to be the fee for the pound than a breeder, as I would rather re-home a dog that needs it). However, i'm not sure if i'm ready for a dog.
On the one hand, I am only 18, and I am due to go to university in September, so i'll be reasonably busy (although university is actually only 12-14 hours of lectures a week, which is far less time than most dog-owners spend in work) and I will also be looking for accomodation, and I know a dog will make that more difficult. I am also aware that I will be committing a lot of
Answers:
It would be better to wait and see what its like for you when you start school. Wait to see how your finances work out, and although you might not have too many hours devoted to lecture, homework, research, etc takes up quite a bit of time.
If you are questioning it then you definitely are not ready. It takes many years of commitment. Since you are heading off to college, I would hold off on getting a dog. You can enjoy the ones you have when you visit your parents.
No, you can't say b1tch - it's considered offensive and they have no way of knowing if you are referring to a person or a dog, so they bleeped the word entirely.
Wait until you finish university and have a place of your own

No comments:

Post a Comment