Sunday, August 2, 2009

Am i feeding my dogs good food?

I used to geed eukanuba but then i wanted to change cause i heard some bad stuff about it. so i went to petsmart and bough authority for large breed puppies. The workers said it was good dog food and i did some research and it seems to be okay is it good dog food
Answers:
I have fed my dogs with Purina all their lives. That kind of dog food is really good for them. I know that the other dogs are good for them but I still will buy the Purina. Everybody likes different things.
I dont think it is, i feed my dog nutro natural plan, its been real good on her, keeps her in the right shape, gives her energy and today i feed her some wet food and she was so tired i now see nutro is the best,
Nothing at petsmart or a grocery store is good! Innova is the one I chose.
That brand wouldn't be my first choice. Try asking the vet what he would recommend.
idk but my moms chow eats alpo and pedigree and she is doin just fine
If you want a good dog food, go with Pedigrie. They have all kinds of different types of food and they're better for the dogs. They help in all health areas.
I believe both were on a recall list several months ago, although the bad products were pulled from the shelf. Most of the popular foods are of good quality, I am a Purina advocate as they have done extensive animal food research. My older bog eats Beniful and she does very well on it.
Well if you researched it yourself and everything is pointing to the food being good then don't worry . I heard good stuff about the food too .
I've never used that personally but look at the ingredients list. The first ingredient should be meat (chicken, beef or something). If it is meal or something you don't recognize then you don't need to use it. Hope this helps!
Hmm...
The Dog Food Project ( http://www.dogfoodproject.com/ ) will help you evaluate the ingredients.
I couldn't find Authority Large Breed Puppy, but most of the Authority foods didn't do so well on dog food analysis ( http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_... ). I found it alarming that Authority listed chicken as the first ingredient BEFORE water was removed. After removing the water (to make the kibble), there wouldn't be much chicken left. That's a dirty trick to play on you, and I don't like it much at all.
A good dog food I recommend is Innova EVO. You can find it at some local pet stores (http://www.naturapet.com/where-to-buy/de... If nothing else I know there's a place you can get it in Draper (since we're "neighbors" and all).
dont know bout that but i feed my huskies minced meat (different varieties) in the morning and a mix of kibble (james wellbeloved- it has no additives at all and contains cranberry extract for healthy digestive tracts) and meat in the evenings - they are show quality dogs
btw 'Cat' -Pedigree put all sorts of nasty ingredients in their food and actually can give your dog problems with additive allergies as they put so many in, check your tin for how much is actual quality meat. They cook the food and add tonnes of preservatives then it sits on a shelf in a tin for months or even yrs. Sorry hun, but i would change.
Oh and avoid anything that says 'no by products' in the wild your dog wold eat the whole carcass- that includes all entrails -your dog needs those in its diet.
possibly but on brand i know is in the clear is kibbles and bits thats what i feed my dog. its for both puppys and dogs.
pretty much anything with lamb and rice...it protects their skin and it keeps them healthy
Try flint river ranch dog food it has no by products or corn so it should be fine for dog but everybody has their own opinion about different dog food
When in doubt, call your vet. They will more than likely know which brand and how much you should be feeding your dog. I own a cat, and my vet had a brochure that had all of that info in it. I would just call and ask, or ask at your dogs next visit. The vet, even if they can't tell you only one dog food to go with, should be able to tell you which ones not to get and why.
Well I too have used authority and have neither heard anything bad about it or had any problems with my pet but I would use the signs from your dogs digestive track and coat to answer your question. Keep an eye out for dirrera or constipation and check routinely the condition of your pets coat to see if it is in good condition and that his skin is not showing signs of possible allergic reactions.
Canidae is the best most naturall dog food u cant go wrong with it.
honestly i went threw the same thing, i was feeding my dog pedigree but he was getting a weird rash, doing resurch i found out alot of mainstream foods have whats called "animal digest" wich would fecal matter or vomit. i decided i did NOT want my dog eating that. it didnt seem healthy to me. I now feed my dog Nutro Natural Venison and Brown rice. He loves it! and he wont eat as much as the others that he was eating. our other dog who is realy picky at what she eats. wouldnt eat anything besides the pedegree small bites but she loves this stuff too! and guess what? no animal digest!! its all natural. and my dogs arnt small ya know (my dog is a pitt bull about a year old. and the other dog is a shepard ridgback about 8 years old or so) and they love the small peices! you can find it at petsmart (i go their every weekend with my dog just so he gets out and goes places) i wont feed him anything else now. and when i look at differant food. i have to read all the ingrediants to double check that thier is no animal digest in it at all! i would sugest (cause nutro might not be for you) check all the ingrediants word for word and see whats in it. dont get a food that has animal digest. and watch some of them becuase they will use leather or other non food crap cause its considered protien. hope that helps!
I feed my dog Royal Canin. It's pretty expensive but it's worth it. Do some reasearch at their website.
i feed my corgi Wellness,, and he loves it ! his coat is also really shiny , and he doesnt have that doggie smell... And its made with all natural ingrdients, like apples, carrots, and oats, i definitely recommend it !
I can't really say if it is good or bad...I have always used Purina Mainstay..My animals have always been very healthy.. Why don't you use it?
I do not feed my pets processed, prepackaged kibble. I feed raw meat, bones, offal and table scraps to my dog and cats. This prey model diet is being recommended by an increasing number of informed vets and is used by many people with fantastic results.
Do you research before you start. this link is a great starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment