Sunday, August 2, 2009

Always owned Females?

I have always had females and planning to get a male,how different it is going to be?Training,cuddley,personalit... ect,ect
thanks in advance.
Answers:
I originally had a female dog. She wanted attention on her, she was sly, tricky, and wanted her way, she didn't like to fetch, and did what she wanted when she wanted and was stubborn. I have had 5 females and they all had the same personallity but different breeds, 1 lab, 3 german shepherds, and 1 minpin. Only the lab and 1 german shepherd have passed on. My male dogs at the moment are 2 pure bred german shepherd and a Lab mix. Buck is my first fully owned dog and I personally perfer males. Buck is my german shepherd along with his son jerry lee. Buck is very playful, attentive, active, protective and just so more loving than a female.
My dog will follow me everywhere in the house from just going to get a shower to play games in the living room with family. He also is constantly holding his tennis ball and wants to play. My dog loves to cuddle and enjoys being hugged. Male dogs are much easier to train and focus more. He knows many tricks: sits, stays, rolls over, jumps, crawls, bows, dances, puts front paws up on certain things when told, and can shake paw, and I trained him tricks in a relativly short time with not a whole lot of repition.
Males are more aggressive and territorial but females fight harder and will attack faster than the males will. I have never been bitten by my dog and he has also never threatned he just wants to be loved and played with. Our female dogs also tend to take their time with commands and don't know quite as much. They may know it but they won't do it. Also play wise all of our males will always got get the toy thats been thrown the females will chase the male but not the toy. I have had one special female , Dakota.
She is Buck's sister but she was the one of the greatest dogs ever. She wouldn't chase toys but she loved frisbee and was great at it. Unfortunately she was killed on a highway. The gate got opened and she and buck got out. Buck stayed home (been trained to stay) Dakota had too but didn't do it. She ran on to the nearby highway. She was only 1 and a half. Ever since none of our females have been quite like her.
It depends on the dog on how he's going to act but that was my experience with my males here is my dogster page to show what they look like and some of how they interact:

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/264957... to see all of them navigate (click on) the pictures of the family members.
this link might hold more insight to your question:
http://www.oes.org/page2/10874~what_are_...
HOPE I HELPED! Good luck!!
I actually prefer the male personality to the females. I have both and the males are not as clean but, seem to be more affectionate.
I think very different particularly if the male is not neutered early in life - before 6 months. An unneutered adult male dog is very different from a neutered adult female dog. Other dogs also react differently to males than to females.
If you are female, you may find the male to be more affectionate and vice versa.
I have a male cat and female cat, also a male dog and a female dog. The females are much better behaved. The males are more independant from what I've seen. The only major difference is girls squat and boys lift their leg to do business. Boys tend to be more territorily and are more likely to "mark their territory". As far as training, theres no real difference, its up to the dog and How you train it.
I was nervous about getting a male dog myself because my male cat is much more stubborn than my female cat, but he's doing quite well with training so far.
Good luck with your new baby boy!
I have both. My male is very cuddly, and more eager to please. My girl is kind of b*tchy (LOL), but I love her dearly, and she is a fantastic dog. My two are like night and day, as far as obedience, affection, and overall behavior. My male isn't nearly as trustworthy as my female is; I can walk her down the street without a leash, and she's deaf. When I walk my male, I use two leads.
Given the choice, I would choose the male, because of the level of affection, and their eagerness to please. But, both are wonderful... : )
my first dog was male, then when he died I got a female... they are like night and day... I have another male along with the old female.. and he is more loving and compasionate than she is.. (she could give to rats butts if you are in the house or the same room) after she was spayed like 8 yrs ago and went thru such mood swings I vowed never again will I own a female...
Males Rock.. mine is even neutered and is just wonderful
depending on what do you get some males in some breeds are not always cleaner but more loving depending on the breed of dog you get.
You know, I was going to say that I've always preferred males because they seem to have a bit more personality, are easy to train, very affectionate. Then I thought about it some more and I realized that the differences between my favourite males and my favourite females over the years have been pretty much neglibible. In fact, they were my favorites because of all the traits they had in common - charismatic personalities, easy-going, cuddly and affectionate, smart, enjoyed training/playing/walking.
So I don't think there's really any difference, provided both are raised, loved and trained the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment