Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ahh another question! its my aunties dog, max?

well my auntie's dog max, who is a rottweiler, has been very ill in the last year. he had cancer in his leg.unfortunately it had to be amputated to make sure it didnt spread around his body. hes a very big dog too. but it did spread. a year on, and hes still alive, which is very surprising, but he's becoming more ill. he's about 4 years old and i remember when he was a puppy. i can't deal with not seeing him waddling around the place anymore. we dont think he will last for christmas. im feeling very depressed. does anybody know anything that will comfort me in knowing he will be ok when hes gone?i love him so much.
Answers:
Where did you get the dog from? Sounds like dun dun dunn.puppy mill. Such a young dog shouldn't be getting leg cancer. Research where you got him from and then tell the world about your experience.
My dog also got cancer...When he was 15. AND, the normal life span for a Shar-Pei is 8 years..he was OLD. As for dealing with the grief, only time can mend a broken heart.
Letting go of a friend like that is never easy. Yes, after a time the pain will lessen.
When I lost my first dog I was little, and didn't understand how it can happen to me. After a while I thought about how unlike herself she would have been if we had kept her alive. She wouldn't have been able to do the things she loved and how unfair I was begin.
He's will be okay, I always thought there was a heaven for dogs and that they got to do the things they loved the most. They would be more taken care of, and the pain would be gone. He will always be in your heart, no one can take that away.
Just remind yourself that you did the right thing for him, and that he would be thanking you. Even if it is hard on you, letting go would be best.
Maybe think about getting another puppy?
Hope this helps...sorry to hear about Max...
Time and good friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment