Friday, May 8, 2009

*Sorta Funny* I thought this girl with a Yorkie was asking about my dog but...?

Okay I went to this website called Doggie-Dating.co.uk and I decided to sign my Yorkie up because it was funny and cute and like the next day I got a message... it was from someone named pelovesbaby and she said her name was Divine. So I stupidly read the letter and replied thinking she was writing as she was her dog was replying. My dog is a mail so I pretended I was my dog (ha,ha, stupid,eh?) and she wrote me back today. She attached a photo and said she is now a refugee in Senegal and her mother and her father just died.
It seems like this girl has been through a lot and I don't want to hurt her feelings...What should I do??
PS- She thinks I'm a guy!! Lol, I'll post the emails in a sec...
Answers:
Be careful. She may not be what she seems either. You didn't tell the truth, this person may not be either. I am highly suspicious - Divine from Senegal? I don't think so.
I'd break off contact. Whatever you do, don't give any personal information at all and don't send any money.
This sounds highly fishy. Don't respond again and block her.
Delete all future e-mails and don't reply. It's more than likely a sob story rip off scheme. Don't worry about hurt feelings, theyll find another victim.
Just stop emailing her if you don't want to confront. Otherwise, you need to tell her the truth. I know it'll hurt a little but the truth is always the best.
That's one of those con artists.. Next he'll be trying to get your bank account information so that he can deposit some big cheque that his parents left him but he can't do it in his country, he needs someone in the US to do it or they will take the money away from him..
It sounds like a scam...she'll be asking you for money soon.
okay who cares what the emails said. Secondly now you know its a dating site. what should you do...Stop emailing her back its that simple..Its a scam artist just like all those that send you emails saying they have millions in a bank account and youve been chosen to recieve some of it. Just block her address stop being stupid
I agree with bozema, stop the contact now. Do not send any money and such, alot of these site lure younger people in and they feel for a person (as in feel sorry for them) and then they swindle there way into your pocket book, break you and send ya a dear john letter. I have seen these scams on certain t.v. programs on how to keep yourself safe and so on. Just let her no it was nice meeting her, but you don't think this is the kind of thing for you, and you can always block her from your email list.
Omg, I couldn't read that without having a stupid smirk on my face... She didn't get that you said you were 1 year old and your owner needed to give you another photo shoot? Yikes! Don't write back..and for your sake, I would stay away from the doggie dating site...good luck! (p.s. I would call TBS because I think that ranks higher than a sorta funny.)
That is funny, thanks for sharing but let it go with this person. You don't have to feel bad or explain.
Notice how she writes "Dearest" and "yours forever". It might be a money scam like the answers above me stated or it could be one of those people who want to marry an American so that they can move here legally.
Why else would someone be on a dating site when they are in as desperate of a state as she claims to be?
My sister's Cambodian boss offered my sister a few thousand dollars if she was willing to marry his brother so that he could move to the U.S legally. Then after a few years he would pay for the divorce.
My sister refused but a co-worker of hers accepted.
Things like this happens all the time -- especially online.
My guess is that your "Miss Divine" is looking for an easy ticket to the U.S. too. It just seems fishy like that.
just put it nicely like...
Divine,
i'm really sorry but you must think i'm a man. i thought you were writing as your dog was talking. i'm really sorry, but we can still be frinds. i just misthought about you thought you were replieing as i was. as if the dogs were talking and we were writing. i hope you forgive me. maybe you can come to michigan and we can hang out together, like go to a dog park and let our dogs get to know each other.once again, i am really sorry. i know you were though a lot, but what if you come to michigan and think you're going to meet a man, but instead you meet a girl? lol. but i think we can still hang out if you aren't too mad at me. sorry!
sincerely, (your name here.)
i hope this helps! you don't have to copy it word for word. you can if you want, but this is how i would put it. i really hope this helps!!
It is a scam. She'll ask for money soon.
this gal doesnt seem wrapped to tight why bother...lol maybe a few items short of a combo platter??..lmao good luck with it and i guess have fun with her..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment