Friday, May 8, 2009

2 1/2 yr old lhasa apso diet?

I have a 2 1/2 yr old lhasa apso about 18-19lbs but this is my first dog so I really didn't know what to feed her. She doesn't have a good diet at the moment because I feed her Cesars and some dry food. I used to feed her lunch and dinner but most of the time she won't eat her lunch, so lately all I've fed her is dinner at night. I don't know where to start with what I should feed her, so could anyone please help? x.x
Answers:
My suggestion is to take her to a vet for a good check up. The vet can give you the best guidance for the dietary needs of your pet, especially if she is over/under weight. It would also be a good idea to have her checked for parasites (which can affect appetite). Did you ask her former owner what her diet was? Good luck!
We fed our two munchkins Alpo twice a day, and kept Purina in their bowls (they each had to have one) for dry food. They did fine, and both died of old age after years of play and love.
i dont think anyone can say wot is and isnt a good diet for a dog..everyone has there own personal differing choice as to wot is good for there dog...many dogs eat only one meal a day, my yorkie sometimes if not most of the time only eats his evening meal so i wouldnt worry too much bout your lil dog eating just in the evening, my greys were only fed once a day when they raced but now they have 2 meals a day, but also they skip meals but i dont panic now coz if they dont eat they go hungry till the next day, dogs are pretty adaptable with there food ..my yorkie eats woteva is on his plate..yes i said plate , he wont eat out of a bowl so he has a kids plastic plate , have you tried giving weetabix as a breakfast and then her ceasers at nite , she mite then enjoy her evening meal as its something different to wot she gets in the morning..its like us, we dont have toast in the morning knowing that weve got it again at teatime,coz we woud no doubt be hacked off, my lot have tripe in the morning and chicken for tea or vice versa..raw!!, they love it so mayb try that , my yorkie loves it , and i only swapped him coz my greys swapped to raw a few months before xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment